We collect personal information from you that is necessary for us to perform our services, functions or activities. Personal information includes any information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide some or all of our services to you.
We may collect the following types of information:
- phone number;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card information;
- other forms of payment information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- information you provide to us through surveys.
When you apply for a position with us we may also collect the following information which may contain sensitive information:
- working history; and
We rely on financial support from the public to provide funding for cancer research.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you about our organisation, our activities, and provide information requested by you;
- to enable you to access and use our website and services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, services, business and your experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to let you know the ways in which you may support us or make a donation;
- for the purposes of raising funds;
- for our general business operations;
- to enable you to apply for a position (as a volunteer or employee) with us; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
If your details appear on our donor or fundraising databases we may send you information about the Australian Cancer Research Foundation which we trust will be of interest to you.
We collect information in many different ways, including from you directly, or from third parties. We collect information when you interact with us, including through sources such as In-memoriam donation envelopes, Appeal responses and from those who send in a donation with their personal details.
- our employees and volunteers;
- third party suppliers, and their employees, contractors and agents;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us, including professional payment systems operators (including merchants receiving card payments);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents; and
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
The disclosures referred to above may include disclosure to third parties to the extent necessary for them to perform their duties to us. Apart from the disclosures listed above, the Australian Cancer Research Foundation does not rent out, sell or otherwise share its donor information with any other organisation under any circumstances, unless otherwise notified to you.
We will not disclose any of your sensitive information unless the disclosure is directly related to the primary purpose of collecting the sensitive information.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to third party service providers for our computerised cloud based systems who are locate in the USA, Singapore and India.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We regard the security of your personal information as a priority and take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. These measures include service contracts including confidentiality agreements with service providers compliant with international regulations on cyber security. We remind you, however, that the internet is not a secure environment and although all care is taken, we cannot guarantee the security of information you provide to us via electronic means.
If you would like to update any of your personal information held by us, please contact us on 1300 884 988 in Australia and +61 2 9223 7833 outside Australia.
Privacy Officer at Australian Cancer Research Foundation,Suite 3.02 Level 3, 77 King Street SYDNEY NSW 2000 Australia